Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest pocowork

Modicon Ethernet

3 posts in this topic

I will be doing an application that will be using Modicon's Ethernet module with embedded Web Server. I have been warned that using thier card for machine control (motors start/stops/jogs) is not recommended but I have no reasons. I would like to use the card for Information Reporting. I understand that I will use Web development software and such. I am wondering if anyone has any experience, tips, or warnings or have used the card before? I would also like any recommendations as to which developement software to use or should I just use the software that comes with the card? Thank you in advance

It's called FactoryCast Webserver. The module comes with software, basically it's FTP software to transfer your defined web pages. You could configure the module through web pages.

I've always done my Modicon webservers with FrontPage. I use the onboard utilities (Graphic Display Editor) to design objects, and then use the java applets to embed those objects into my web pages. Then I use FactoryCast to set up the module's access rights to PLC data and download the pages I made in FrontPage. Works great. I've done about 5 systems with Quantum web servers... Anyone want to buy a TSX Micro webserver TSXETZ510? I've got no need for it in my lab anymore, not being a Modicon guy anymore...