Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Patrickc

Running FT view on Windows 7 x64

6 posts in this topic

I really need help to try get Factory talk View 6.0 to run on windows 7 x64 (not a virtual machine like vm ware or something please) I need to do this because the PC i'm using has 8GB RAM, and as you know x32 (x86) bit system can only use about 4GB and sometimes FT view Client crashes due to lack of memory. Any help will be much appreciated! Patrick

Only latest 6.10 version of FactoryTalk View it is tested to work on Win 7 64-bit OS. http://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/454085/kw/454085 - fuzzy logic

Thank you, Could you be kind enough to paste the contents of that website since I dont have a support account with Rockwell. Thank you again, Patrick

Patrick, the content of that technote is accessible to everyone, also without a Tech Support contract with RA. You just need to register to the Support Center, and you'll be able to access all the public notes in the KB. Anyway, basically it reports the news in version 6.10, here below some of them you may be interested in: 64-Bit Windows operating system support - FactoryTalk View Machine Edition 6.10 additionally supports the following systems: Windows 7 Professional with Service Pack 1 (64-bit) Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard Edition with Service Pack 2 (64-bit) Windows Server 2008 Standard Edition with Service Pack 2 (64-bit) Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard Edition with Service Pack 1 (64-bit) No support for EvRSI Activation - FactoryTalk View Machine Edition no longer ship with a physical master disk for activating software. Instead, FactoryTalk View Machine Edition 6.10 uses the new electronic process, called FactoryTalk® Activation. Rockwell Automation generates and distributes the activation files over the Internet. If you are using EvRSI activation, please contact your local Rockwell Automation Sales office or Technical Support for information about migrating your activations to FactoryTalk Activation. Hope this helps, - fuzzy logic Edited by fuzzy logic

Note that even though FTView 6.1 is stated as compatible with Windows 7, it is not compatible with User Access Control (UAC). The operator must have admin access to be able to start the application. Edited by AutomationRocks