Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest thienthanhayquysu

Application by Visual Basic

8 posts in this topic

I have a project to control temperature divice ( as same Sys - Config of Omron), and i want to use *.ocx of Syswin in my application but i can't. Anyone help me pls. Thanks for adv.

Syswin does not support Temperature controllers.

Do you mean Sysconfig.ocx ????? Generally, CX-Server lite installs the .ocx files... I think that CX-Server Lite can comm to a temp controller nowdays... When i have used Active X components from the Web you generally have to register them so that windows can use them.... thats a whole other topic...

That is true. CX Server lite has ActiveX components to use with programming languages such as Visual Basic, Delphi ... Even you can use them in Excel. This components supports temperature controllers, also you can log temperature data by VBA macros in Excel, and visualise them by graphics. There are sufficient information in CXServer Lite's documentation. You can find details in the attached file. Best Regards User_Manual.pdf

Thanks so much for your help. I would like to use *.OCX in SYS-Config V2.0 2000. and Introduction to SYS-Config is: SYS-Config uses ActiveX technology to provide communications and interaction with the following series of devices: the E5*J, E5*K, E5*N and E5ZE temperature controller series and the K3N* intelligent signal processor series. The software provides Fine Tuning facilities for Omron temperature controllers and advanced logging and trending functionality After Istalled this software, will find some *.OCX in ProgramFiles\common files \Omron\Components\ In my application ( Visual Basic 6), i was try to used this *.ocx. But not yes. Please help me.

CX-Server Lite registers ocx component itself during setup process. It would be better if we know the type of error for these ocx components. If these components did not registered, try C:\WINDOWS\system32\regsvr32.exe find this file, and find the ocx file you want to register. Then just drag the ocx file and drop into regsvr32.exe. You will see a message box confirming that your ocx file has been registered. Then try to use ocx files in VB again. If it does not work, possibly you have a corupted installation. Try to uninstall and reinstall software.

Also try to install CXServer Lite Demo. This program self registers ocx components too.