Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Patrickc

"Could not activate static activex object" when trying to make an activex object invisible

3 posts in this topic

I am new to FactoryTalk View Site edition and I am trying to make an interface that shows the user weather pumps are on/off/tripped etc etc I was doing so by using sybols from the "symbol factory" which were listed under "Gadget Lights 1" in FactoryTalk view Site edition. When i get to animate them I first of all only have the option of visibilty, touch or OLE verb, and secondly, when I choose Visibility and make it in such a way that the item is invisible (so the image alternates between one with the light on, and one with the light off) I get this error when I test the display; "Could not activate static ActiveX object" I TRIED everything and I am pretty much giving up. I don't want to use the primitive symbols under the "3-D Pushbuttons Etc. " Menu.... Thank you for any help!

The way I understand it, the Gadget category in Symbol Factory are Bitmaps only, not Windows Metafiles. The principal way to use them in FTView is as bitmaps; use them as the Graphic object for a particular State of a Multi-State Indicator or a Pushbutton, for example. I can also insert them as a Graphic Object and animate their visibility in FTView ME 6.0 and don't get the error you describe. I end up going through a routine of selecting the Image for a state, clicking the Launch Library button, selecting the device, clicking Copy inside Symbol Factory, then accepting the default name of the state. It's certainly less integrated than I'd like, but it's better than a big directory full of BMP filenames. Edited by Ken Roach

A solution I found was to copy the item from symbol factory to FT view, tehn CTRL + C, and CTRL + V in MS Paint, then I CTRL+C again (without changing anything) and CTRL+V in FT View. That way the error doesnt show up, but animation is lmited to Visibility, Touch and OLE Verb - which is enough for me :) Thanks for the reply