dupj

2 vfd, 1 pot

7 posts in this topic

Hi Guys, Can I control 2 VFD's with one potentiometer? If it's yes, what's the schematic? Thank's

There are a few ways to do this. Some work well, some don't. What is your app and drive type. There are drives that can be set as followers in which case you set up drive 1 to read the input (0-10?) and adjust speed accordingly, and then output a signal to the other drive telling it what speed to run. When running two in parallel, you can have voltage fluctuations if the circuit is not designed properly. You should use an external supply, so that the reference is common to both drives and a variance in a power supply from one drive to the other will not cause one to be always faster than the other. Again, it would be easier if I knew the installation and drive type.

I have two A1000 Yaskawa vfd and the signal will be 0-10V. I don't want to use a external power supply. The potentiometer is install on the front door of the vfd's enclosure.

The Yaskawas are good for this. On one drive input your 0-10 to V, A1., and AC respectively, program the analog in for 0-10, set reference parameter b1-01 for terminals, set speed ref max and min for analog in and then program the analog out (AM and AC) for 0-10 and then set h4-01 to whatever suits your app

Yes, you can do this. I know the Allen-Bradley drive manuals have a schematic for this if that's the brand you're using, but I'm sure the principle is the same on others, too.

just for sake of mentioning it: one alternative is to use ganged (dual) potentiometer. then the circuits of two drives can be isolated.

Have 2 Weg cfw300 drives and want to run both with one 10k pot.  Thing is there is no analog voltage out on these vfd's.  I thought about a dual ganged pot, but not sure on how accurate this method would be.  Thought about using a analog splitter part number SC6-2220 which can be configured for a 0 to 10vdc input and dual isolated 0 to 10vdc outs...any ideas how this would work?