Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
grinbo

GX Developer

17 posts in this topic

Hi Could anyone help with a problem using GX Developer I have a laptop that keeps stopping so we decided to get a new laptop and scrap the old Sony Vaio. The laptop we chose is a Dell Lattitude E5510 with built in rs232 com port I transfered our programmes over and installed GX Developer V8.91, E Designer & GT Designer 3 I can connect to the GOT screens using GT Designer and connect to the PLC through the GOT screen using GX Developer I can connect to the PLC's direct using the "09" cable and GX Developer I can connect to the E Terminals (E100 E200 etc) using an "05" cable and E Designer but not through the terminals to the PLC with GX Developer We have tried this on our test rig, using two other laptops with GX Developer, and both these connect through the E Terminals to the PLC, except the new laptop which gives a communication error, all we are doing is unplugging from one laptop to the other using the same cables and set up. I have spent about an hour with Mitsubishi Technical help (UK) checking all the settings and they cant find the problem, they are getting back to me The differences with the laptops are that the older ones are running Windows XP and the new laptop is running Windows 7 Professional 32 bit. Mitsubushi says it should work with this. Any advice would be welcome Thanks grinbo

One thing to check is that the COM port in your new computer provides sufficient power to the 09 cable. If Im right then your COM port is a RS232 port, the cable converts to port to a RS422 port, but to be able to do this the converter needs sufficient power from the COM port. I believe it needs 5VDC, but not sure about the voltage.

I have same problem. SC-09 and FX-USB-AW do not work on Win 7. It was o.k. from August to November 2011, but after installing new updates on Win 7, I have problem. I have tested lot of USb to RS232 converters with all possible old and new Prolofic drivers, no succes. I tested on four lab tops and one PC, always same problem with Win7. Communocation from PC to PLC exists up to one minute and efter that system crash. On XP there are no problems. I asked Mitsubishi for help few months ago, no answer. Problem is general, because I have same bahvior with Weintek touch screen monitor. On Ubitronix PLC's it works perfect. I wonder why nobody complains untill now.

Mitsubishi released new drivers for the FX-USB-AW months ago which support Windows 7 (including 64-bit). If your PC has a real serial port, then there should be no issues with an SC09. I have used one with Windows 7-32 bit. The versions of Mitsubishi software currently released in the US do not yet support 64-bit OS. And as for the 5VDC power, it is required for the SC09, but it comes from the PLC side, not the PC. This is clearly visible in the wiring diagram for the SC09 cable, available from most Mitsubishi websites.

Thank you very much. Can you tell me where to find new driver for FX-USB-AW? My PC has not real serial port and I have to use USB to serial converter. Untill now without any succes.

Maybe virtualization could be a solution. You could use Windows XP Mode or use VMware Player (or you might try Virtualbox) to convert Windows XP Mode in to a VMware image. Special virtualization software like VMware or virtualbox are better then Windows XP Mode.

The USB drivers come on the CD you get with the FX-USB-AW adapter. They can also be downloaded from Mitsubishi.

Thank's for help. I got FX-USB-AW Driver from one of Mitsubishi suppliers. I am just curious, where to download driver from Mitsubishi. As I see, Mitsubishi does not allow any software download. Or maybe I am wrong?

It would help if you said which Mitsubishi website you were on. Each region around the world has their own website and their own downloads. The US website sure has the drivers you need in their Downloads section.

Sign up on their website for a free MyMitsubishi account and then there are downloads such as the drivers, EDS files, CAD, manuals, etc.

There are only HMI Drivers. Maybe USA site has more possibilities. Any how, we had nice conversation, it was of great help for me, and I believe to all others who read it Thank you very much

Windows XP Mode made the job. Thanj you.

XP mode is a bit of a pain with having to connect and disconnect USB devices manually. VMware does a much cleaner job of this.

Everything is good and temporary solution. I am just curious: - Does sombody had a trial to conect to Mitsubishi trough USB to Serial converter, from Windows 7, and to work about 5 minutes without problem. Why nobody complains. Am I only one on this world who has problems. Last week I tested 6 conveters, every one with Prolific chip, and none work. On XP mode eachone works. If somebody know about good converter, tested on Win 7 with Mitsubishi PLC, please to inform me. I use Weintek touch screen monitor, and the problem is the same. Why there is no reaction from Mitsubishi about this mater.

I have used the USB to serial adapter recommended by Mitsubishi in the US, and it has worked without fail in Windows 7 for months. The problem is something on your machine, not the driver or the Mitsubishi software. Keyspan USA-19HS Their software works fine, that is why they have not said anything. Do you have the proper software versions to support Windows 7? The versions they have released in the US support Windows 7 32-bit. They have not released titles yet for Windows 7 64-bit.

Mitsubishi USB to serial software on my matsine works perfect. Problem is USB to serial converters. Any how, thanks' to everybody for conversation.