Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sparkotronic

Adding devicenet to an exsisting Logix5000 project

5 posts in this topic

Hello all, I'm looking to link up 5 ABB ACS800 drives into an exsisting Logix5000 project. This is to enable me to gather data from the drive i.e. speed, current ect. The rack that controls the drives has no device net but all the drives do. I have a spare devicenet card but not the knowlege to fit it! I'm Siemens trained and have virtually no experience with 5000 bar an 8 hour crash course during a PLC5 course. So the question is, what is the sequence I need to follow to add the card and set up the network. I've done it on Profibus, so I should be able to do it with a little push in the right direction! Cheers, Colin

Colin, not so easy procedures if you don't know devicenet at all... I suggest to review the following Manuals, first: Devicenet Modules Installation Devicenet User Manual Remember to get the EDS file for the slave devices from ABB... Post again for more specific question if needed... - fuzzy logic

Well, Im no expert or anything but I have worked a bit with Devicenet networks and I can put you in the right direction. First you add the card in the RSL5k program. Make your device network in the RSNetworx for Devicenet. (You might need the EDS files from the ABB Drives you are using). Check the manual from your drives to see what parameter you want to read (ie. Current), and you configure the parameters you want to read and you map them all there in the RSNetworx. Double-click device by device to configure each one of them. When you got configured your network you store that program in the RSL5k program in the Devicenet card configuration. And you got your network. To know about the wiring check the manual.

Do I need to put the processor into program mode to download the Networx project? Our plant runs 24+7 and I have very limited access to the processor. Cheers, Colin

No, it isn't needed to put the processor in Program Mode to download the network configuration to devices. - fuzzy logic