Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mercedes98

RSView ME software Version 5

3 posts in this topic

i have a project created with RSView Version 4, my labtop has RSView version 5 installed so when i open this project with version 5 the next step is to create runtime application(.mer),which with version 5 you can choose other older runtime application versions, so i selected version four and then i transfered that runtime application to panel view plus after the application is finished loading to the panel view i have an error that the panel view is not comunicating with the PLC, when you look on the screen you can see the panel view is searching for tags on the PLC, and when you try to click any buttons the PLC doesn't respond. The comunication we are using between the panel view and the Micrologix 1500 is the internet, and i don't have a problem with the comunication between my labtop and Micrologix 1500. I was thinking i have corrupted the installation on RSView Version 5. Does anyone have any other ideas what could be the problem?

Did you try to re point your shortcut to the processor under communication? You can test communications using the design tab under comms but also make sure you set-up your run time comms once you test the communications in design. Once this is done you will probably need to check the replace comms box when downloading to PV+. Also, I have in the past had to delete the shortcut and recreate it for the app to work. Hope this helps.

I agree. It sounds like you forgot to point your runtime file to the correct PLC.