Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tushar.matrix

Citect SCADA V 6.10

16 posts in this topic

Hi All, Greetings !! This is my first time work with CITECT SCADA, I have downloaded V 7.20 from the Shnider web site. When I restored the provided backup , configuration was changed a lot. ( ie. Cluster was not there, and so on) When i looked the Log file , I found that the bacup provided was in V 6.10 , & when i restored it it was updated automatically. Heence I need V 6.10 , I tried to find it but there it is not available. Requesting you all , for further guidance if there is any download link (where i can download trial version v 6.10) Thanks in advance. Tushar k

You don't need a trail version. Citect is protected by a dongle(USB key). Just contact your citect distributeur and ask to send you a dvd of version 6.10.

Gambit , Thank you for guidance. I will Contact the distributers. One more little query, Can i modify some graphics in running projects withoght development key , or i will need the development key for that work, I have recived running backup of existing scada. I am supposed to add two buttons in one of the exixting page. and one extra page. Please guide me further " what is the essiest way to do it?" My assumption: I will install 6.10 on local machine , restore backup, do modification & backit up, and test it at site. Tushar K

Tusha, Citect is only protected in the runtime environment, therefore you can develop, test, modify projects using the installed software without a license You can install the citect 6.10 on local machine, restore the project, make the changes then back-up again. If you can i would suggest installing the "citect environment manager" software, this will allow you to work wiith multiple versions of citect. Regards Chris

Thank you for the support and advices, I have restoured the backup and started working. When I restotred bacckup, and compiled it i have a single error. MODNET_ACL Unknown protocol. I tried to browse the driver list available. I can see MODNET protocol but cant see MODNET_ACL. Is this a propritory protocol. or its the same MODNET , But renamed somehow by development peoples at the time of development.? Cane someone advice me on this? I have attached the complation error. Thanks Tushar K

All the drivers from Citect can be found on the driverweb on the Citect website. www.citect.com I checked. Your MODNET_ACL driver wasn't there which means it could have been created by a third party.

Gambit , yes, it may be like that. ( If i get the MODNET_ACL protocol)! How i can include that protocaol to my project? Gambit , This is my first time work with Citect scada, so i need to ask questions so many times. ( Sorry for inconvinence);

Dear all, Thanks for Guidance . I Have got so called driver . There is new Challenge for me now. And i will need your further guidance. The citect SCADA is to be interfaced with the Gas chromatograph (Siemens Maxum Edition II ), I ahve recived modbus map for the required parameters which are to be displayed on Citect HMI. Can somene guide me how to do it , (Which Driver i need to use , and how is to be configured it.) They will use Ethernet interface or Serial RS485 port. your reppieds are highly appriciated. Thanks TK

Didn't you get a installation document with the driver? If you have no experience with Citect. Try the 1 hour tutorial I have attached this will cover the basics.

Thank you for help, the device to be cofigured supports Modbus TCP, ie it will be MODNET in citect. When i saw help for configuration MODNET. i casm across following Special Options Enter the destination IP address of the PLC. Use the following format: -Ia -Pn -T where: a = the IP address in standard Internet dot format. (For example 192.9.2.60) n = the destination Port number. Often one physical port has several virtual ports, used for different purposes. Use this option only if you want to override the default of 502. -T = forces the driver to use TCP, rather than UDP (-U). He i got little confused "Use this option only if you want to override the default of 502." means what? My Ip adress is 10.23.38.10, & port is 502 , If write special option as : -I10.23.38.10 -P502 -T is okay ?? or considaring above undelined staement Use this option only if you want to override the default of 502., I have write something else. What should i type there in special options? MB_TCP_CFG.bmp

Modbus always uses port 502. That's why you do not have to define it. You should be able to just write -I10.23.38.10 -T Why don't you use the wizard ? Tip: When you use the modbus driver this driver will always check a few standard modbus addresses. If your device does not have these addresses it will not come online. You can change these devices in the modnet parameters.

Gambit , Thanks for repply I have added a board and IO device too. but what should i write in port number of ports dialog box, I have attached a jpg it shows port number for S1_LANB_3 is 26.; Is there any specific base for putting this number or it is a just number. i mean how this number is decided???

The port number in the ports form should be "blank". The address in the i/o devices form should be "blank" The number in the i/o devices form has to be a uniquie number for the i/o devices between 0-16383 If you look in the driver help and search for "modbus/tcp" you will see what parameters are required.

It's just a unique number. If two devices have the same number it means that it's the same device but with a different communication line. (for redundancy)

Gambit, It worked finally..............!! Many Many Thanks for you guidance.& support ......!!! I am veryy happy . You are Great....!!! Tushar.

Your welcome