Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TBone6606

OP-420

4 posts in this topic

I want to add a HMI to my reamer so that way the workers won't mess with my DL-06 LCD screen. I brought an OP-420 HMI. I finally have the panel and computer talking, but not the PLC and panel. I don't know if I should use the PRINTV command or the LD and OUT commands. I want to display the part count just like I did with the DL-06 LCD screen, but using a HMI....is this even possible? Am I in pursuit of an untamed ornithoid (wild goose chase)? Any insight is greatly appreciated!!! TBone6606

Work through the examples in the manual for the HMI (available for free at AutomationDirect). The software is also available there. Before purchasing the software, though, you might want to confirm that it works on your current version of Windows. It is a rather old line. In retrospect a C-More Micro might have been a better choice if you paid full price for the OP-420. Edited by b_carlton

Since I already purchased the software and the panel....what's my best option? I think it's just a matter of time before I get it, but can you list some common (mostly overlooked) issues many have with this setup? TBone6606

The OP-420 uses a set of registers in the PLC to talk back and forth. All you do is put the values in the registers and the panel pulls up the message(s) corresponding to the number put in the register. You set the registers and the messges that will be used when you set up the panel with the OP-WINEDIT software.