Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BobLfoot

Sanity Check Please

4 posts in this topic

I need to warn all my good friends in MRPLC and those who casually read this that the following is a political rant and you can feel free to agree or disagree. I am just posting it to see if my logic makes sense and rings true with anyone else or am I a lunatic? To those of my foreign friends this rant deals with current American Politics, but I am sure you can extrapolate to your country easily as well. 1. Lets call the Head Count of the Federal Government as of 1-1-2010 to be 100% of the Government. 2. Lets call each government budget as it existed on 1-1-2010 to 100% of Governement Budget. 3. Now each quarter when the Unemployment Percentages come out we will adjust the size or budget of each government agency based on those numbers. 4. The Base Numbers in items 1 & 2 will be adjusted once a decade by comparing US Census Population for that decade with 2010 population. If we grow as a nation in head count governemnt can grow. So right now unemployment is 10% so this plan would mean each an every goernment agency can either reduce it's head count by 10% or trim 10% from its budget, or close it's door for 10% of the year, ie. furlough 100% of the workforce for 10% of the year. For places like the White House and Congress where head count is set by the constitution they'll have to take a pay cut. If they want a pay increase they'll need to get more of us employed. Sane or Crazy?

You should go on talk radio and promote your idea. Makes sense to me, of course making sense and government do not mix well.

BobLFoot: I love it. I am glad that I am not the only one thinking this way. I use a saying often that goes "You cannot rationalize the thoughts of the irrational person." I use this when discussing why murderers, rapists, psychopaths and governments do things. Now, I am not saying that the Government is a bunch of murderers, rapists and psychopaths (not all of them, anyway), but I just don't 'get' the thought processes some times. Thanks for the break from the technical discussions.

The logic seems sound enough, but the conclusions don't wash, from an economic standpoint. It's the same problem that exists with forcing the government to always carry a balanced budget.