Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NickO

FinsV3 ETN - Xp and Windows 7

4 posts in this topic

Guys, I have been able to get FinsGateway ControllerLink module to work in Windows 7. And have Citect work fine through it. I have got FinsGateway working with ETN module in Xp fine. And have Citect work fine through it. But I am unable to get FinsGateway ETN module to work in Windows 7. So I wondered if anyone else has had success or failure with ETN module in Windows 7 environment. Some settings info : Windows 7 is 32 bit, PC has static IP address. Kind Regards, Nick

You really shoiuld be using the latest FINS Gateway or Sysmac Gateway. However, have you tried turning off UAC in Windows?

Just a shot in the dark, have you had a look at network adapter binding order and make sure the adapter that is assigned to the PLC network is on top? From the top of my head, go to network center, go to adapter settings, press alt to open menus, go to advanced > advanced settings. Turning off UAC is #1 thing I would do on every Win7 machine...

Hi Guys, thanks for your input. UAC is disabled. I get routing table update failure when running up FinsGateway. At present, as I had succeeded in Xp, I am using a VPN to connect. Maybe in W7 it is different. So I am looking to hook up the PC directly on the network rather than VPN in. But I am able to use MultiWay V7.7 using Fins Ethernet TCP to connect with out any problems on the Windows 7 machine !! Cheers Nick