Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Guest_Dale

Ascii From Controllogix Processor To A Weber Print

5 posts in this topic

We are in a situation where we want to send ascii data to a weber printer via the 232 port from a controll logix processor there seems to be a incompatibilty has anyone ever had any luck with this situation

Hi, in the controller properties, choose serial port and verify than serial port is on USER MODE. USER (important if you already flash the processor with the last version ) 9600 8 NONE 1 NO HANDSHAKE RTS SEND 0 RTS OFF 0 It's my configuration for talking with a barcode scanner P.S sorry,excuse my english. I'm a french canadian (quebec )

Hi, I made a mystake Put your serial port in rs485 even those your printer is in rs232 It's weard but it working with my barcode scanner

Post a little more information about what you perceive to be the incompatibility between your ControlLogix and your Weber printer. A model number for the Weber printer would be a good start, then a wiring diagram for the cable connecting the two. Next, a note about what you've already tried with Channel 0 configuration and ladder programming. It seems clear none of our readers has your precise printer make hooked up to their ControlLogix, so you might have to settle for similar configuration examples.

The information contained in the original post was placed here on my behalf. To clarify the problem, I'm communicating with a SATO printer (8485 Se) that is contained in a Webber printer applicator. I have established communication correctly and printed my bar codes as I need them by using Windows Hyperterminal and a null modem cable of my own construction. However, when I make an attempt to send my string through the Control Logix, the print job does not appear to reach the printer. My string, as created in the Weber software is ASCII delimited by carats ^ , this does not seem to be a problem when loading into the Control logix memory except for the $ character, when entered by itself the character turns red and is flagged as illegal. I later noticed that the ASCII editing window has a $$ button to place a $ character in the string. I think that the difference in the way that I have to enter the $ character is possibly the root of my communications problems.