Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TBone6606

DL06 Drum Sequencer Timing

5 posts in this topic

I am working to automate a drill press. I chose to use the drum sequencer option in DirectSoft5. It's the EDRUM command. I don't understand the concept of Time in Step....I just want to put some delays on the events. Any insight provided is greatly appreciated!!!

Each step waits for the Event. As long as the Event is true the time is accumulated. The time is represented as one count for each of the timebase settings. The 'timebase is setup for the whole drum as the number of .01 second intervals which will equal 1 'count'. In the example shown the timebase is set as 10 intervals of .01 seconds (1/10th of a second total) to reach one 'count'. Step 2, in the example, will wait for Y4 to be true then start accumulating the 'counts' until it reaches 4 (or 4/10ths of a second). Then it will jump to the next step.

It is not clear in the examples that DS has in their database but if you want you can also have a "hold' or 'pause' feature in the process. If you create a step with a time and no outputs selected it will work. I have used this in mixing apps where the product needs to sit for a time period before being moved to the next step.

Thanks so much!!! Very helpful information!!! TBone6606