Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
melvin

KM50 Power Meter to NS5

8 posts in this topic

Hi All, Would like to check if any one have connected a Omron KM50-E Power Meter to a NS5 HMI to display its value. The KM50 signal is using a RS485 output therefore it is connected to a CIF11 converter to the NS5 touch panel. I'm trying to read the Instantaneous Value Level therefore under CX-Designer, i have keyed in the address as: HOST3: 400001. (As shown in pic) Once completed downloading, the touch panel gives me an ERROR: "Timeout Error Occurs while downloading the data. Allocation HOST: HOST3 MRES=10, SRES=04" Or if i change the address to HOST3:400002 Its error would change to: "Addressing Error exist in the screen, Alarm, data log or Marco. Screen Number: 0 Allocation HOST: HOST3 Allocation Address: HOST3 400002 MRES=11, SRES=04" Anyone could help me with this? Thanks for the guidance. Regards Melvin

I am guessing the address defined in CX-Designer is returned as non-existent in the Modbus slave due to configuration/addressing error. I have not yet worked with connecting a Modbus slave directly to the NS, but looking at the comms options, how have you configured these? Have you selected Modicon address or IEC61131 Address style? Post a screenshot of your host configuration. Have you read through the Host Connection Manual (Multivendor) to be found in the CX-Designer start menu group folder?

hi sir/s: i also have the same errors as stated above, but a different connection.. i'm trying to connect a NS5 to a network of PLC's.. but will only communicate to a single PLC out of 7 overall.. the PLC where the scada is connected has an IP address of 192.99.3.2; network address of 1 and node 2. i would like to connect to the PLC connected to it; it's ntwk address is 20, and node 3. when setting these parameters to the NS5 (through download from memory card) the error is: "Timeout Error Occurs while downloading the data. Allocation HOST: (name of host) when i've tried to switch the ntwk address and node numbers, the error became: "Addressing Error exist in the screen, Alarm, data log or Marco. Screen Number: 0 Allocation HOST: HOST3 Allocation Address: HOST3 400002 MRES=11, SRES=04" i've also tried to adjust the time out time, and tried several other things, but to no avail.. i hope someone can help me.. thank you very much!

Please start your own topic. Perhaps the error is the same but the cause will be very different. Also try to sketch up a diagram of your network with hosts and HMI/SCADA and IP adresses, it will clarify for us what your setup is.

Thanks PdL, I just found the cause is that KM-50 uses 32 bits addressing Modbus extended while NS uses normal 16 bits addressing. Hence unable to support. Arrr... Edited by melvin

Probably too easy to be true, but can't you just set your numeral display & input object to UDINT ?

Hi PdL, Tried but failed. Regards Melvin

I tried looking up some documentation on the KM50, but it seems it is a Japanese product and I cant find any English docs. I am surprised that an Omron product uses extended adressing.