Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
indra

PLC FXON STATUS

11 posts in this topic

Hi, I have PLC MITSUBISHI with type FX0N-40MR-ESThis PLC type is ACTIVE or DISCONTINUE product ? because I want to order it for replace the defect one. If this type DISCONTINUE , please inform me the DIRECT REPLACEMENT type that no need some modification wiring and just PLUG and PLAY ONLY. indra

I think (someone correct me if I'm wrong) that the FX0N is discontinued, so you will need to replace it for a new one. Again, I don't think there is an absolute direct replacement when it comes to the terminal layout, so most likely you will have to disconnect the wires and connect them on the new unit. The names on all the terminals should be the same, so it's no problem to use a FX3G as replacement and simply connect all the wires to the corresponding names. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

FX0S/FX0N are discontinued long time ago and replaced with FX1S/FX1N. Program from FX0N should be fully compatible with FX1S/FX1N. Edited by Sergei Troizky

It's an FX1n 40 MR that you need - but your 'plug n play' is ok as long as you have the software/program to take from the old and put in the new.

Not to argue with anyone, but I would avoid the FX1N since it's in it's end of the life cycle (will soon be replaced), therefore I would use a FX3G instead. In either way you will have to convert the program, and you will have to check the wiring so why not go with the newest CPU!!??

Even if FX3G is not more expensive, it may be a matter of programming software. FX1S/N may be programmed in Medoc, and the original FX0N project files, if any, are most probably in Medoc as well. Medoc is available for free now. No need in program conversion from FX0N to FX1S/N. Edited by Sergei Troizky

True, but I would really consider upgrading to GX Developer / GX IEC Developer / GX Works 2 so that both the program and the PLC is "up to date"....The FX0N is quite small, so conversion shouldn't be difficult. In addition we have GX Converter which can convert old MEDOC projects.....

FX0N replaced by FX1N, replaced by FX3G. MEDOC sucks.

Anything Windows based. I really don't like working with old DOS based software anymore. I find if you learn the keyboard shortcuts in GX Developer, it's far simpler. But that's an opinion, and I am sure many do not share it...

I agree that the keyboard shortcuts do make GX Developer a simple program to use. Also in reply to the main question I would look at getting an FX3G to replace the existing.