Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AC DC

Smart Active Parts

12 posts in this topic

Is there a tool to change or edit Smart Active Parts for NS Designer.

Starting with Version 5, it's under Tools|Options:

To change the small active parts for the E5ZN, scaling the SP and PV from #### to ###.#, you need to change the units and setting for entry 0 to 0.1, but you can't change thisone. The MV in the display is pointing to entry 1000 and that is 0.1, this one you can change in units and setting. Then I need to change the entry from 0 to 1000, but that is not possible.

I have no idea what you are talking about. Could you post a picture?

Smart active part E5ZN

Second part for MV settings

Go to the NS Designer directory (C:\Program File\Omron\NS Designor 5.0). Open devlib.ini with notepad. Change DevLib=0 to DevLib=1. Save to the same filename. Close Notepad. Open NS Designer. Edit Smart Active Part. You must change the DevLib.ini back to DevLib=0 before downloading. Be careful with your changes. Do not change the object address. Read section 4 of Smart Active Parts manual. I haven't tried it in an application because I don't have all the parts. Let us know how it works.

Thank you for clear answer, now I have to change it for 12 controllers = 6 units. bur for unit 0 it is working !!! The rest will follow. Edited by AC DC

Here are the SAP's for 10 E5ZN Temp. controllers, as promised! SAP10.zip

From CX-Designer, you can right-click the SAP and select edit from the context menu. Not sure how to edit scaling, though - be interested to find out. Pp Edited by ParaffinPower

In SAP Time Ramp for LCB using: FINS(0,0,225,$W33152,8,1,0,11,$W33152,0); 0,0,225 - address LCB $W33152 - begin address command code 8 - number send byte 1 - 0 - 11 - number receive byte $W33152 - begin address for receive 0 - Help me please.