Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lchamarthi

Face plates, Add on Instruction

2 posts in this topic

Hi All, I want to know what is face plates and add on instruction features in RSLogix 5000. Because, I am a Omron PLC Programmer and some body told me that with RS Logix 5000 has much better capabilities using faceplates and AOI (Add On Instruction). I really like to know what is face plates and AOI (Add On Instruction) and how it is used in programming. Thanks

Rockwell Automation's Plant PAX contains a variety of AOI's and faceplates. The basic explanation of these AOI's is that they are prepackaged sections of PLC logic that can be imported into your PLC program that save alot of time and effort when it comes to writing control logic. The idea is that the AOI is inserted once, but can be used multiple times by creating unique tagnames and assigning the AOI as the structure of the tag. Each AOI has many features that can be configured to fit your application. The associated faceplate is designed to work in FactoryTalk View as an interface to the AOI via your HMI. All of the configuration of the AOI can be done using the faceplate. Here is a link to an example AOI: http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/rm/syslib-rm001_-en-e.pdf