Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rswolff

DH+ To ABB

8 posts in this topic

Anyone have any experience connecting an ABB Robot Controller to a DH+ network? I know it can be done, just need to know what s/w and h/w I'll require and perhaps how involved this would be. Currently the robot is connected to several devices using two (2) interbus modules. One of the devices is being replaced and the new(er) piece of equipment has an SLC5/04. We'd like to keep both interbus modules and add the appropriate DH+ module to the robot. thanks, bob

I have never seen a DH+ adapter. I have done RIO and am in the middle of DeviceNet startup now. Which controller are you using?

new piece of equipment would be a SLC5/04. I was told by customer that they have another unit connected using DH+ but we couldn't get access during my preliminary visit. I could go devicenet if I needed. I could possibly go to an Ethernet controller if necessary. Are you an Integrator? thanks, bob

Yes I am an integrator.

as am i.....well played....you get the picture.....can you send me your contact information?.....my email is rwolff@AutomationPA.com I would be interested (if you're so inclined) to discuss possibly using your services on this thanks, bob

We have a S4 on RIO to a slc 505 (retrofit from serial omron C200). I had a hard time getting some one at ABB that still worked on S4's and knew the rio card to get the Robot configuration correct the kit (card TS and some wiring) to do the RIO was about $3500.00 The second retrofit (retrofit from serial omron C200 again different machine) We ended up with digital io because kit was out of production and not available per ABB. Edited by tommu

Tommu I just did a parts quote and ABB said that they can still get those RIO cards. I like the DeviceNet setup on these robots. I was worried at first but after I got them up I am a believer now. How are things going for you guys. No more Decimal Octal conversion problem I take it.

Sorry the intergrater said cards were available, kit wasn't. Decimal Octal brain farts come automatically after 50 other than an upper robot cable we had to replace no problems, plant production is slow lots of down time. tom Edited by tommu56