Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
igeorge

windows 7 ultimate and usb driver

12 posts in this topic

Hello, When i installed cx-one on my pc , win7/64 went OK with no errors. I assume it did installed as 32 bits because is listed in the program files (x86) When i connect a PLC - cp1l in particular i have, windows does not find the driver. I pointed to the usb folder in the omron directory, but no luck. It works under windows xp fine, but in windows 7 /64 bits does not. When i try to manualy select the inf file , i get an error, that drivers are for 32 bits windows and not for 64. I cheked with FTDI, which have 64 bits driver, but they do not work with Omron. Omron, used its own signature on the driver so it not install a diferent driver. Does anybody has 64 bits usb drivers for Omron ? If yes, please point wher to download them Thank you Ion
1 person likes this

Michael, YOU are a real life server. It works like a charm I did beg Omron Canad for more that 6 month for that and thay told me is no driver, just buy the cable adaptor .... he he he , they must be realy hungry. Thank you very much Please write me at igeorge @ rogers.com for a private issue. Best regards Ion
1 person likes this

That was a great solution bro. An Expert indeed. 

Theivame !! Neenga engayo poiteenga :) Neenga Nalla irukanum :) 

1 person likes this

Thank you so much sir Michael! This is really great, such a great help. Thanks

Thanks a lot, it works for my win 7 64 bit and Omron CP1E PLC

Thanks a lot. I was having the the same problem using virtual machine for CX Programer. Also, the drivers must be installed both on the host and guest OS. 

omron hmi ns5 and other all are connected with pc but NS8 is not connected with pc .usb not recog........pls help me about how to connect ns8 to pc

Go in your control panel and manually point the non-functioning connection here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\OMRON\Drivers\USB

They are all installed on your PC there by default.