Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
igeorge

CX one and in line monitoring

4 posts in this topic

Hello, I have an issue with the in line monitoring. Software is cx one ver4, and the pc is windows xp. I use a cp1l and the serial port on the cpu and serial port on the pc ( true serial, no usb converter) It happens many times, when i am on line , that i get that red message, about lost communication. The speed is 9600/9/1/N Host link. I would like to know , where to read ,or somebody can tell me, how many bytes usually Omron send in a package to the pc -10, 20,100, or how long is the message sent to pc, and how long is the message sent from pc. I am looking for a general idea, not the exact number of bytes. The maximum, number of bytes which will be in a packet. Also, assuming the plc and pc reply almost instantly, how many packets are sent per seconds ? Maybe it is something wrong with my serial card or i do not know. I tried for example to talk to a PIC, and using just a max232 did not work. Max was too slow. I am using now a max3225 , up to 1 megabyte , and is fine. Please help Thank you Ion Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it

The standard hostlink (sysmacway) comms are 9600 7 Even 2

If you have a CP1L why are you not using USB? Much quicker.

The max packet length is set in the CX Server dialog boxes where you set the PLC Type, Comm Port number, etc. The length of the data sent will be up to that max, and is dependent on how large of an address range you use in your program. If you are monitoring CIO0, CIO50, and CIO100, CX Server will combine all 3 of these into 1 read, and read CIO0 - CIO 100. If you are monitoring CIO0, W50, and D0, this will typically be 3 seperate comms packets, as they are in different memory areas.