Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Steve G

Booster Pack System

3 posts in this topic

Hello all, I am in the middle of a water system project and after a sales meeting with a company the powers to be are leaning towards and low flow booster pack system from GRUNDFOS. While in the meeting I asked some questions about what type of system controls the pumps, the response was a very proprietary system that uses a proprietary communication protocol. This has me a little worried if the uppers want to get a lot of info from the system in the near future. After reading the manual the system uses a protocol called GUNIbus, not at all familiar with this. Doing some research on the protocol that have a gateway that converts GUNIbus to Modbus, so if needed I may be able to add something to the system to read data from the booster pack system. My question is has anyone dealt with GRUNDFOS systems, are they reliable, and if so has anyone used their gateway to get data into a plc system. Addition: I put this in the AB section because I am using a control logix plc on the water system, I should have stated this at the beginning of the post. SORRY Edited by Steve G

Seen one of those a while ago. If you get it to talk Modbus, you can communicate directly to it with a Micrologix series PLC. And then if you want to use some other PLC other than that (Logix 5000 based), a Micrologix 1100 is cheaper than any other protocol gateway I've found such as Prosoft.

Paulengr thanks for reminding me that the micro's talk Modbus, you suggestion just made my plain a lot less complicated. Thanks again. Edited by Steve G