Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Automatoes

Interface USB x Device Net

4 posts in this topic

Hi, My notebook has no serial comm, so I buy a USB 232 conversor, I already use it to comm to RS-232 DF1 channel without problem, but I try to use it with a KFD and it doesn't works, it shouldn't be a port replier?! When I need to comunicate with a Dnet equipment, I'm using the Devicenet scanner at himself, as the equipment already are on the Dnet ring I can found him on RsLinx connecting on the CPU and bypassing throw the Dnet comm. But if I need to configure an isolated equipment, out of a Dnet ring?! Exist any interface to comunicate Dnet with USB connection?! Tks by the way and sry about my poor english. Best regards, Automatoes

If you were able to configure a RS232-DF1 driver within RSLinx "Configure Drivers" interface and use it within a Rockwell environment then the USB-to-Serial adapter is okay. However, when trying to configure the 1770-KFD driver make sure there are no other Serial DF1 drivers configured in Linx, the COMMx port the USB adapter shows up in Device Manager has the proper settings and the 1770- KFD adapter is connected to a "Live" DNet Network. If the above statement is true and you are still not able to drill into the network you might have a corrupt Harmony Project. In this case you might have to uninstall Linx, delete the Harmony Files (see attachements) and then reinstall RSLinx. You should be able now to configure and use the 1770-KFD driver. RSLinx Harmony Files Delete.doc RSLinx Harmony Project.doc Edited by dmargineau

Have you tried the 1784-U2DN USB to Devicenet cable? Attached a PDF file on this product as well. 1784-in046_-en-p.pdf

No need to uninstall. Just deleting both Harmony files does the trick.