Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ravencroft

time-in monitoring in CX-designer

7 posts in this topic

hi to everyone, i have an application involving a hmi that will be use to enter several units a time with their number,model, etc. how can i monitor the date and time of its entry? should i use a database? please give me some ideas regarding this problem, i am quite new in regards to programming databases. thank you all for the help..

You can use the Operation Log for this. This can record and display the time, date, and operation details for buttons (i.e., hardware switches) pressed on the control panel in addition to operations on the touch panel. The operation log can be saved in a CSV file on a memory card mounted in the Ns-series PT. 11.bmp 1. Operation Log The Operation Log is a function that is used to log the order and the number of times of user operations It logs touch panel operations and actions, and is able to save as CSV. • Functional Object Operation Log • Screen Display Log • Macro Execution Log • Change Log of Value at Communication Address (bit) Functional Object Operation Log function can log operations of 7 types of objects; ON/OFF button, Word Button, Numeral Display & Input, String Display & Input, Thumbwheel Switch, Data Block Table and Multifunction Objects. Change Log of Value at Communication Address (bit) function can log ON/OFF status of the specified address as well. Therefore, it is possible to log operations besides NS screen operations by allocating addresses to, for example, a switch on the control panel. This can be set for project version 8.0 or later. With project version 8.0 or later, Functional Object Operation Log and Change Log of Value at Communication Address (bit) function allow you to set messages to show which operations have performed. 2. How to Set Operation Log Use CX-Designer to make settings so that you can log Functional Object Operations and Change of Value at Address. Use one of the following methods to log operations of functional objects. • Setting in a property dialog of a functional object. • Setting in Popup Menu To log address value changes, use Symbol Table to make settings. Setting in a Property Dialog of a Functional Object Select Record to Operation Log in Write Tab (Extension Tab) in a property dialog of a functional object. Selecting this option will enable the object to log. Set up to 32 characters of a message for each label. 1.bmp Setting in Popup Menu 1) Select a functional object for which you want to set the operation log. 2) Right click and select the Operation log Setting from the displayed menu. 3) Operation Log Setting Dialog Box will be displayed. 2.bmp 4) After setting, click OK Button. Setting Change Log of Value at Address Changes of Bit address value can be logged. Up to 16 addresses can be set. By allocating a switch on the control panel to the PLC address, it is possible to log operations of other than NS screens. 1) Select an address (bit) with which you want to set the operation log from the Symbol Table. 2) Right click and select Operation Log Setting from the displayed menu. 3) Operation Log Setting Dialog Box will be displayed. 3.bmp 4) After setting, click OK Button. Operation log settings cannot be made for the following communication addresses. • Communication addresses to which indexes are set • Array variables • Internal Memory • Symbols without addresses 3.Checking the Operation Log Settings Operation log settings can be checked in the Operation Log Setting List (PT Menu-Show Operation Log Setting) (Display only. Cannot be edited.) 4.bmp

@scottheil: thank you very much sir for your help!.. unfortunately, the HMI do not have a memory card and so i cannot use that method. im still looking for other options right now T_T

You are asking about this functionality using CX-Designer software, all NS terminals that you can program with this software have a compact flash card slot?

@PdL: yes it does have a slot, but i don't think the client have any available memory card.

I guess there is no Walmart in the Philippines. BTW: Operation Log also works without a memory card. You just can't save it.

@jay: hehe, thank u so much sir. :) i'll now try to use that method..