Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Buckaroo

LSS software help

6 posts in this topic

Please keep in mind this is my first attempt at doing anything with an Omron PLC. I have an older C200H CPU03 that I am trying to access. I have downloaded the LSS software from the Omron download section here at MRPLC. I have copied the files to 2 floppies and labeled them as shown. Where I am having difficulty is I open the folder on the floppy and click on the INSTALL file. A screen comes up saying SYSMATE-LSS. Checking system configuration. Please Wait..... This is where it is now. Does not do anything else. Can anybody offer some guidence to a complete Omron novice? Thanks Tom

Syswin would be friendlier software to use. A web search should find a place to down load. LSS is very old. Try this Tech note provided by Jay: http://forums.mrplc....ads&showfile=71

Thank you bluebyu. I was trying to find this technote and gave up. The truth is that LSS is not at all Windows compatible. The last version of Windows that would even run LSS in a DOS window was Windows 98. If you try to install this on a pure DOS machine, the following excerpt explains why the installation hangs up: 1. LSS software locks up during the initialization period whenever I install the software. Why? Answers: Check to see if computer has a CD-ROM drive. 1.) Reboot computer with CD-ROM drivers removed. 2.) Install the LSS software. 3.) Reinstall ROM drivers and reboot system. Check the size of conventional memory. Must be at least 560k of free memory.

LSS can now be freely downloaded, but in its heydays it was sold with some kind of software protection. Syswin originally was copy protected with a dongle, the latest version was activated through serial code, that may be obtained with relative ease. It is feasible to have a full working copy available for download on the site, with Omron consent and/or blessing?

Thank you for the help. Just to provide a little bit more informaiton the Omron PLC has a couple of times now just shut the machine down with a solid ERROR led and I am trying to figure out why. I have a couple of old floppies that I was told contain the program. My hope was to get the software and attempt to figure out why this is bringing up an error. From the manual I was reading there seems to be an error code set in the PLC that will explain the reason for shutting down. Again thanks for the replies. Tom

Not to confuse the issue, but I thought I remembered a utility to convert LSS files to Syswin. Guessing about the only one around here that might remember that would be Mr. Anthony. I know I have not used LSS is well over 10 years. We never got along very well. I guess another issue for the original poster, do you have a host link unit and a cable? You will need either a cpu mount (3G2A6-LK201) or rack mount (C200H-LK201) unit to allow the computer to connect. If all you are trying to determine is the error code, you might consider a hand held. Not pretty, but it would connect and allow you to check the error log. Hope this helps.