Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Luke Patterson

InTouch, how can I make reusable button?

2 posts in this topic

My goal is pretty simple: I want to create a custom-looking button that I can reuse within my application - * When I want to update the appearance of the button, I do it one place and the other places are automatically updated * When I need to use the button somewhere new, I can copy-paste (or equivalent) it to the new location, and then decide what action (some script logic) will happen when I click the button Any ideas? I've looked into symbols, cells, and SmartSymbols, but none of those combinations quite seem to do the job. The capability I'm looking for is pretty basic, hopefully I'm just overlooking something obvious. Hopefully this doesn't seem like a double-post, but I wanted to decompose my larger question into its most basic parts: http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?showtopic=21401 Thanks

Luke, This can be done fairly easy utilizing the ArchestrA Graphics Environment. You can even create your own custom library and each 'Template" can have dynamic properties and scripts that can be configured by the parameter values in each 'Instance' on your Intouch window maker environment. Hope this makes sence.. if it doesent.. read this PDF regarding AAGraphics. Hope it Helps!