Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Slick504

Excel To 5/250

2 posts in this topic

I have an integer file in a 5/250 (500 words in length) that holds standard data for a barcode label. I want to duplicate this file in another 5/250 processor, but don't want to have to type all 500 words again. I've setup a DDE link using RSLinx and uploaded all 500 words to an Excel spreadsheet. My problem is......how do I download the 500 words in the Excel file to the other 5/250, do i need to write an Excel DDE Macro in Visual Basic....I've called the Excel file 1N26.exl.....and the DDE topic is 723L....the file i want to write to is 0N109.....I have access to a VB applications Engineer on site, so if any VB code needs writing he can assist. Thanks in advance. Graeme

If anyone wants to write values from an excel spreadsheet to a plc using DDE, this is how to do it. First create a DDE Topic in RSLinx Professional....call it...... test_sol Then create an excell spreadsheet and save it as RSLINXXL.xls Then rename the first sheet tab as TEST_DDE Then goto tools on the excell spreadsheet and click on Macro and then Macros, call the Macro dde_write and click create. The code you need to enter is as follows:- Sub DDE_Write() 'open dde link: testsol=DDE Topic RSIchan = DDEInitiate("RSLinx", "test_sol") 'write data thru channel DDEPoke RSIchan, "1N4:141", Range("[RSLINXXL.XLS]test_dde!D7") 'close dde channel DDETerminate (RSIchan) End Sub This will write 1 value from D7 in the spreadsheet to address 1N4:141 in a 5/250. Cheers Graeme