Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NovalutionGSi

Any BMS experts out there?

7 posts in this topic

I've been searching high and low for a Trial version of software for a BMS system. I have been working on an application that i could use a BMS style program run on a PC, but would like to find one that is Free so we can demo the product to the client before taking the plung and paying out lots of money for something that isnt what we need or want. If not i'll carry on using the little HMI to demo it!

What is your definition of BMS Dan Bentler

BMS in the UK is Building Managment System, most of the systems i have seen installed are a central point for all the data of what is happening with the building's plant (Air handling Units etc).

Thanks for the clarification, I thought BMS was Burner Management System, like those found on boilers and such.

Hi, I know of one customer we have that is controlling lights and access with our HMI. Other than BacNet I have never heard/seen a program that is specific to building control. I know that some companies that make the HVAC systems have some programs but, that is for HVAC control. Edited by Mark-

Most of the new chillers and cooling towers that I have dealt with "speak" BACNET so any HMI or SCADA that speaks that protocol should work fine. BACNET=Building Automation and Control Network.

I don't know about free demo but Tridium is the king of the crop around here. Speeks pretty much any protocol as far as BMS and many that aren't BMS specific. Also allows you to develop anything you want to the frame work. I work in the building automation field and I put it this way, Most systems the question is can I do that. Tridium's question is am I smart enough to figure out how to do that. Edited by willf650