Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gromit

MicroLogix 1200 RTC

8 posts in this topic

I've installed an RTC module in my MicroLogic 1200 PLC and am unable to set the date and time. I cycled power after installing the RTC, and then attempted to change the year, month, day, hour, minute, and second from the data table via S:37 through S:42 but it continues to overwrite my values with zeros. This occurrs both in Run mode and in Program mode. Please advise.

I was able to Set Date & Time in the RTC function files, RTC:0.YR, MON, DAY, HR, MIN, SEC but it still does not update the S:37 through S:42 parameters.

Maybe I should just use RTC:0.### in place of S:37 - S:42 throughout my program for triggering events. Is that the right idea?

I haven't programed a 1200 but a 1100 here is a screen shot of what i used

Use CPW (Copy Word) to individually alter the individual elements of RTC:0.xxx If N7:0 had the new hour setting then CPW N7:0 RTC:0.HR 1 would be used. DO NOT attempt to set the Day Of Week. It will fault the processor. Don't try to alter multiple elements. Do them individually.

See Picture below It's the same for all the RTC values. Edited by Mickey

I actually move the RTC.XX it to an integer a preform my compares to the integer value that way you can see it on line and put it in a table to monitor it in the example below that way you can change the values on line in a data table or by counter preset or the pot value in case of the 1100 Edited by tommu56

On 4/28/2011 at 1:58 PM, tommu56 said:

I haven't programed a 1200 but a 1100 here is a screen shot of what i used

I can't see the example