Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ChrisWei

Help with DH+/DH485 Bridge needed

3 posts in this topic

Hi there, I'm using the following configuration: [PC with RSLINX]----(Ethernet)----[1756-ENET]----(internal)----[1756-A4]----(internal)----[1756DHRIO/B]----(DH+)----[sLC5/04 CH0]---(internal)---[sLC 5/04 CH1]----(DH485)----[AIC+]----(DH485)----[PanelView] (used network in round brackets) How can I setup the system to up-/download to the panelview from my PC? I can see everything, except the Panelview in RSLINX. SLC5/04 is set up to do "DH485" passthru (means: bit S:35/0 = 0 in my processor config) Whats wrong? Thanks for your help!!

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I don't believe passthru will work through an ethernet bridge. You have to be directly on the Datahiway. I believe it has something to do with the df1 protocol not supported over ethernet. I never understood it. Why can I program the PLC and not use pass thru??? If anyone has figured it out, I would certainly like to know.

Forget about DF1. CH. 1 on the 5/04's is configured to DH485. Here's an update, sorry, I forgot the second SLC 5/04, btw. [PC with RSLINX]----(Ethernet)----[1756-ENET]----(internal)----[1756-A4]----(internal)----[1756DHRIO/B]----(DH+)----[sLC5/04 CH0]---(internal)---[sLC 5/04 CH1]----(DH485)----[AIC+]----(DH485)----[sLC 5/04 CH1] ---(DH485)---[AIC] ---[PanelView] Ok, maybe I have to get a little more precise: The Network is running as described so far, means that I can program the SLC's (yes, both), which means DH485 through DH+ works so far. In RSLINX I can also see my Panelview, but when I try to establish up/ download with Panelbuilder, it says the connectin cannot be made.