Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kcor

new to ns, covert nt20s displays

8 posts in this topic

Have a lot of the older Omron NT20 and NT20s displays on some equipment. Getting harder to get these now, and we have about 200 of these units total and had a unit to fail last week, but able to pull one off of another machine that been put in storage, and it was the last one. Is there a way to convert the older Omron NT20s programs that I created using the Nt software? Also, which NS model would be the closes replacement for a NT20s? Thanks

You can use NTST to convert it to an NT30C, then use NTST to convert it to an NT31C, then save it as .mmi file using NTST. Once that is done, then there is a conversion utility in CX-Designer (in the start menu folder of CX-Designer) that will convert the file to an NS screen. It will not be pretty, you will probably have to resize and move things around a bit, but the addresses should all be there. I would say that an NS5 would be the nearest screen to the NT20. It is a matter of screen size preference only as to which NS you would use at that point. Good luck.

Mike: What's the status on NT21S?

Jay, I believe that it is the same process, except that it converts from the NT21 directly to the NT31C. You do not have to go to an NT30C first.

I think he had in mind to replace NT20 with NT21. Same panel cutout, easy program conversion. (Resolution not exactly the same)

I have not done this, but the NTST software does not seem to have any difficulty converting from the NT20S to the NT21.

Thanks for info, what I am looking at doing is replacing a nt20s with a new NS series. Also looking at another project and looking at using a NS on it as well. I know this is display forum, but now wondering if the Omron Cqm1h series is considered a obsolete PLC, by obsolete, I mean that it may still be availiable but being phased out with the newer line of plc's. Also, is the NT series of displays also something that would be considered obsolete now as well. Thanks, when I get back into the office will try the conversion in a couple of weeks

I have not used a CQM1 or NT series screen for years now - not since the NS and CJ1 came out - now using CJ2. Becoming hard to get in Ozz.