Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sirius0

Panel View 700

7 posts in this topic

Hi, I have a Panel View that uses keys only (bubble buttons). I want to back up the mer file to a compact flash. However the application just starts and loads. i know about the little white square at the bottom left of the screen for touch screens. However, I do not know how to get to the settings when the panel view is starting as it uses keys only. Thanks. Chris

The F1 key on a Keypad unit substitutes for touching the white box on a Touchscreen unit. I also sometimes use a USB memory stick with a simple two-line AUTORUN.BAT file on it: copy \"Storage Card"\"Rockwell Software"\RsViewME\Runtime\Projectname.MER \"USB Storage"\Projectname.MER pause The "Pocket CMD" editor should launch when the PV+ detects the USB storage device.

Reboot the terminal while holding the F1 key pressed. That should take you within the "Configuration" Setup Screen, however, when done, you should configure within the application a "GoTo Config" button. I remember the Rockwell instructor stating: "The first Object to be configured within any FTVS application has to be the GoToConfig navigation button!"...I've remebered it (the hard way!) at least couple of times since!...

Sometimes you may want to consider a password protected goto-config button so operators cannot get into things they should not....had to modify one recently where the programmer left this out and the operators would go in and delete the runtime file if they wanted the rest of the day off.

Pocket CMD is new to me. Is it some sort of OS thing? Also if I try the AUTORUN how plastic is the Projectname? Do I have to nominate one or if I leave it blank or maybe *.MER will it just copy the file as named in the PV+? Thanks Chris

The "Pocket CMD" command is available within the USB installed HMI terminals interface. For a CompactFlash .mer back-up, instal a CompactFlash card in the available slot and then use the Terminal Settings' interface File Menu (Files/Copy Files/External Storage). The .mer file will be copied with its original (development stage) name. You could alter the identifier after "retrieving" the runtime file from the CompactFlash card (and use it on the terminal with the new name); if using FTVS Rev 5.00 or higher you could "restore" the .mer file into a full-blown development application which you could also re-name. Edited by dmargineau

hi every one i have PV+400 i want to upload program via Ethernet cable but i want to take IP address but when PV start go to run application how to get in terminal screen to get IP address