Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kisutch

One simple rung - help

2 posts in this topic

First, I admit I posted this earlier in the Lounge and may be pushing etiquitte - but I could use some help. This OMRON topic may have been passed over at the Lounge in Computer help --- my error I have an Omron 10 C1-DR-V1, which I am hoping will allow me to manage pump "on" time. I have a small startup winery in Washington State. The Reds are crying for glass. I have a new gravity filler, a stinless unit that requires a constant level in the fill reservoir. We pump the wine form the barrles and to keep the wine from spraying all over or cavitating as the float valve closes- I need to manage pump status. Thus a surge tank --- The wine surge tank is supplied by a pump. The surge tank has a FloLine level switch that can be set to either N/C or N/O. I have set this to N/C so that when the surge tank is empty, the pump is energized. I don't want to have the pump jitter on and off as it fills and the level then drops. Instead, the level switch opens when full, shutting off the pump and then does not start again for 15 seconds - if the level is low. So- the empty surge tank, after 15 seconds receives pumped wine. As the level switch is satisfied, it opens, since the surge tank is full. As wine leaves the surge tank, the level switch closes and 15 seconds later the pump energizes, to filll the surge tank again. Trying to gett he ZEN program to accomplish this. I have the cable spigot for the PL|C> Pardoning the poor graphics -= does it look like: ---(\)---------(to\)------(\)--- I'd appreciate some help as this is beyond my training as a moderatly geeky Biologist. I think I could have done this with an On Delay relay and a motor contactor - but I thought the OMRON was a more flexible system and I might learn something. If this request is declase' or inappropriate, I am a new member and beg your tolerance.

Hi , A simple advice : in your future activity first of all read careful the user's manuals. You'll find a lot of useful things. Your project may look like this : ( NC/I0 )---------( NC/I1 )--------(M0) (NO/M0)---------------------------------(T0) (NO/T0)----------------------------(Q0) Where I0 = Tank level probe I1 = Motor protection M0 = Intermediate relay T0 =Delay timer ( on delay/15 sec. ) Q0 = Output / Start - Stop motor NC = normaly closed contact NO = normaly open contact Best regards