Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Daveinarmstrong

H4-CTRIO EDGE RESET question

10 posts in this topic

My application requires me to place 2 grooves in the edge of a board as it goes past a stationary router. the board is is moved past the router sandwiched between upper rollers and a lower conveyor. The board position is recorded by an incremental encoder. My plan is to use a mechanical limit switch connected to the edge reset function to detect the beginning edge of the board and then use the preset table to operate the router in and out with a discrete output to make the 2 slots. My question is, will the counter start counting again right after the reset while the limit switch stays closed (using the edge reset function) while the full length of the board continues past it? the instructions seem to indicate it will but they are not 100% clear. Thanks in advance.

I believe so. I have used the software reset bit in the past. The reset stays active until the corresponding V-mem bit goes low again. You could wire your LS to a PLC input card instead of the HSC DI. Use your ladder program to trigger the software reset bit. Edited by JMK

I am currently running the limit switch through the PLC and using a D4-HSC but i am running into problems with accuracy because of the PLC processing delay. Is it possible to change to presets within a recipe in the H4-CTRIO from the PLC, using ladder? do you have any code samples?

ch8.pdf

If I am reading you correcrly, you are using a Automation Direct CTRIO card and counting the pulses of an encoder for positioning? I had a project where I used a CTRIO card on a trim press to monitor the 360 degree rotation of a fly wheel. I used a proximity switch and triggered on the leading edge to reset the counter to zero. I also had to change the presets on the fly, for this I used the IBox CTRIO Edit Preset Table Entry and Reload. I have examples of what I done if needed. Regards Tom

Yes, i'm counting the pulses after the reset switch is activated. But the reset switch stays activated as it runs along the top of the board so i need to start counting from zero right after the switch is activated and continue counting from zero while the switch stays activated. i would greatly appreciate seeing your code for changing the preset tables.

CTRIO Card Info.txt Hello I have the file but its to big to post so i will do it in a couple posts. I to found the faster the trim press ran I would loose pulses. I orginally started with the reset from the software then moved to the Proximity sensor to reset. And works great. The reset was tied to input C on the CTRIO card. Putting it in a card on the base would not given fast enough responce. Have A Good Day Tom CTRIO Card Info.txt

Notes.zipAll Zipped up Hope this does the trick. Tom Edited by Tom

Thanks Tom, this is awesome!

Glad I could help. Keep in mind that the Config Ibox needs to be on the first rung in order to function properly. Tom