Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BenJones

Daily auto - FTP transfer with HMI tools for edesigner

9 posts in this topic

Hello all. Is there any way of automatically sending data on a daily basis (say 9am every morning) from a remote E1101 HMI via email back to the office ? At the moment I have to remotely log in to a pc which is connected to the E1101 and use FTP client (with HMI tools) to copy files from the HMI via serial cable to the pc and then copy them back up to the office with Windows remote desktop. I'm pretty sure there is no way of doing this automatically but I thought I'd ask the question in case anyone knows a solution. Thanks, Ben

Hi, It's possible to attach one file to an e-mail. Create a text block, right click and select properties. In the e-mail tab you can setup trigger variables as well as which e-mail addresses that should receive the e-mail. In the bottom part of this dialog you can assign which file (trend, alarm, recipe) that should be attached to the e-mail. Another alternative could be to use Beijer's Data Collector software: http://www.beijerelectronics.com/web/beijer_electronics.nsf/AllDocuments/60ECF928C68FDA13C12570BC005A666B //Supporter

Hi ! Thank you ever so much for your reply ! I've downloaded the Beijer software. Looks like it'll do the trick ! The Mitsubishi rep didn't tell me about this software (he probably wanted me to buy a historian). Great, I'll have a play with the software and then look into purchasing the license for it after the ten days demo has run out. Many thanks, Ben

The Mitsu rep may not have told you about the Beijer software because contrary to popular belief, Beijer is NOT Mitsubishi. They are a distributor and they make the E-terminals, but they are not a part of Mitsubishi Electric. Mitsubishi does not sell all of their products, so it may not be a solution which Mitsubishi offers. In the states they don't sell any Beijer products bit the E-terminals and the SC09 cable.

I see. I've just had a quote back for the Data Collector Software - £495 for a lisense (usb HASP key). Seems quite expensive ! Think I'll go down the route of trying to attach one to an email as 'Supporter' reccommended. If I can't get this to work then I'll consider the software. Thanks, Ben

To set up a 'report through email' this is what the manual says about attaching a file : Attach file : The name of a trend or recipe file to be attached with the message is given here. If there is a trend file or a recipe file with the same name, the trend file will be sent. The text file should not contain national characters such as Å, Ä and Ö. I'd like to attach a txt file with 16 pieces of analogue data in. (Please see attachment). The name of the file is "DATA_LOG" but when I put thisthe 'Attach File' part in it doesn't work ? What should I type into the 'Attach File' part ? It's not very well explained in the manual. Thanks, Ben Edited by BenJones

Hi, You should just write DATA_LOG (no file extension, no "-characters), then the file should be attached to the e-mail. Have you been able to send "plain" e-mails without any attachments? //Supporter

Hi ! Yes, got it to work ! Thank you, that is going to save me so much time logging in every day to copy the data lag file back ! Thank you for your help ! Bests, Ben

Hello All, Has anyone had the problem where data log files have stopped being attached to an email when using the E1101 HMI (using an SMTP server). I've set up time channels to send me a daily email with a data log attached. For the first month the emails worked correctly and attached the data log. The data log getting bigger on a daily basis up to 1MB before its full an then it just over rights a days worth of data and stays the same size. This has now stopped working and I don't know why. I now get an email on a daily basis but it stops attaching the log file after a day or two. The data log gets to about 20kB after a day or two and I still get the email but it doesn't have the data log attached ! Does anyone have any idea why this might happen ? It's really puzzling me. I've checked that the SMTP server is not stopping large file sizes (which it's not). I can set time channel to send me three or four emails before the log file stops getting attached so I figured it must be something to do with the file size. I've set up the data logging to save 20160 samples (7 days at a sample rate of 1 sample every 30 seconds). The max limit I've also set to 20160. Has anyone else had this problem ? Many thanks for any ideas. Ben