Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CJD

Unicast property, AOI PostScan

3 posts in this topic

Hi, I am trying locate the Multicast/Unicast selection property in RSLogix 5000. I have been told it was implemented in version 18. I am running version 18.11. I have looked all over the application but cannot find it, could someone point me in the right direction please? Also does anyone know how do you access and run the post scan routine in an AOI? Thanks, Cian

You will be able to use the Uni-/Multicast option when configuring any New Produced Type Tag (Connection/Advanced).

It depends on the particular communications cards in use. There is a knowledgebase article on this but I don't recall the number. The essential detail is that the Ethernet adapters on both ends must be capable of doing this, before the option will even be visible. For the 1756-ENBT, this is on revision 5.1 for IO. It came a little earlier for produced/consumed tags (not sure what the proper number is, but I believe that 4.8 has it). The Flex IO stuff (not even firmware flashable) have the capabiility, but none of the Powerflex drives have this capability. Warning. If you attempt to turn it on and the communications adapter cards are NOT capable of it, the remote end will reject the IO request and you will cause the connection to continuously drop and attempt to reconnect.