Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Phil Kennedy

RSView 5.0 / 5.1 issues?

4 posts in this topic

Hi, First I should point out that while I am able to use Allen Bradley I am mainly used to working with Siemens. On a recent project with work I was required to use some software which used RsView 5.0. I have used 4.0 previously but this was a few years back. I managed to get hold of a copy of 5.0 in our office today and installed it on my PC. When I opened the Factory Talk software and selected the project, the loading bar would get to about 3/4 of the way and then the system would hang. I tried uninstalling and installing 5.1. I got an error message when opening the software which informed me that the program would be converted to suit the new version (5.1). I clicked ok, but the same happened. I have installed on my PG - (pardon me if program names are wrong) OS - Windows XP SP2 RSlogix 5000 RSLinx RSView / Factory talk 5.1 Panelbuilder 32 Siemens S7 Manager PRotool / Protool runtime WIN CC There may be other minor nexxesary programs related to all of the above, but these are the major packages related to my issue. Are there any known conflicts between RSView and Siemens or XP? Am I doing something really silly? Thanks in advance!

I've got all that software plus a few more PLC programs installed on an XP machine and I don't have any conflicts. Mike Lloyd

I have the same things installed. HOWEVER, I think to use Factory Talk correctly, you need SP3. Update. 5.0 needs Windows XP PROFESSIONAL SP2. Minimum: Intel Pentium III, 930 MHz, 512 MB RAM 5.1 needs Windows XP PROFESSIONAL SP3. Minimum: Intel Pentium III, 930 MHz, 512 MB RAM Edited by Armadillo852

"Stopping 3/4 of the way through opening the project" suggests that there is a component in the project that is failing to initialize properly on the Studio computer. The FactoryTalk Diagnostics log ought to give you some clues about what is failing to initialize. You launch the Viewer for this log from the Rockwell Software -> FactoryTalk Tools start menu item. FactoryTalk does require some fairly specific IIS, .NET Framework, and FactoryTalk Automation Platform versions for each "Coordinated Product Release". You might find that one or more of the pre-installation criteria wasn't met when going from 5.0 to 5.1. Are you editing FTView ME projects, or FTView SE project s?