Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lars_01

1734-IE4C Terminal block Selection

4 posts in this topic

I wonder if anyone knows if it is possible to use 1734-TB3 with the 1734-OE4C. After what I can see in the Selection guide it is not possible, but I do not understand exactly why. According to the installation guide channel 0 can only use pin 4 as common and the other 3 channels can only use pin 5 as common. This sounds strange to me, common should be common? So if they are shorted as in the TB3, does it really matter? Edit, wrote wrong first, should not be the IE4C but the OE4C... Sorry for the confusion Edited by Lars_01

See picture below. If you had different power sources for your analog transmitters then connecting there commons may be a problem. Its always best to follow the manufactures recommendation.

I realize that I made a misstake... My question should actually be for the analog Output, 1734-OE4C... For the analog input it is even according to the manual possible to use the TB3 In anycase, it did not really answer my question. Does anyone have any experience with the TB3 terminal and 1734-OE4C?

I haven't used your modules but the reason is the same. The "TB's commons are isolated the "TB3's commons are connected together. If the devices receiving the outputs are powered by different sources then you could have ground loop problems. If power sources are the same then you will probably be ok with the "TB3" base. Commons are sometimes connected to ground in some devices.