Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
scottpon

CX Server 2.1 with Windows 7

5 posts in this topic

Hi, this is my first post. I've been programming to interact with our PLC. My Company purchased CX Server so I can program a Visual Basic Application to read data from the Omron PLC. I was using MS Visual Basic Express 2008 on a Windows XP computer. I gave myself a new computer. so now I'm on Windows 7. I installed CX Server Lite v2.1. I installed MS VB Express 2010 and tried to create a new program with a CX Communication control. It didn't work. When I try to add the component to the form I get: Failed to create comonent 'AxHost'. The error message follows: 'System.runtime.interopServices.COMException(0x80004005):error HRESULT E-FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component... The error goes on... So the first question is: is there a compatibility error between CX Server and Windows 7? Everything seems to work on the XP system still. Thanks in advance. I'm here to try suggestions or any follow up questions. Scott

Win7 doesn't seem officially supported. From the user manual: However I am not sure if your error is related to the O/S. I don't use CX-Server lite myself, perhaps someone who does can comment on this.

Thanks. I figured I would see if anyone has tried CX Server Lite and Windows 7.

Hi, Actually, according to http://www.myomron.com/index.php?action=kb&article=1320 Windows 7 (32 bit) is supported. The 2 biggest suggestions I've seen before are: - Ensure User Account Controll (UAC) is turned off - Ensure your are logged in as a member of adminstrator group. If not resolved, I'm sure your Sales office will support you... Regards, BB
1 person likes this

Thanks for correcting me! It seems my information is outdated..