Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
skyfox

DL-06 Not Registering First Scan ?

4 posts in this topic

Hello All, Can someone shed some light on to why the DL-06 not seeing the first scan bit at Rung #2 in the logic shown below? I have a very simple program (3 rungs total), where I am trying to totalize the number of times the PLC has been put in to run mode. For some reason, Rung # 2 does not catch the first scan bit "SP0". (no counter increments). But rung #1 always catches it and update the total in the V register. Kind of concern as I am planning on using the first scan bit to set-up certain start-up values in an actual program, and worried it is not working as it should. I have looked thru the firmware revision notes for this model and did not see this behaviour as a listed correction or a previously known fault. Has anyone run in to this before? Thanks.

See the answer at the AutomationDirect site.

Hey b_carlton; This is interesting to me, I use first scan a lot to set initial values, always with the load and out instructions, and have never noticed a problem. Is this to do with counters and the nature of the first scan? Is there a link to the answer somewhere? I did search the site, but my keywords must not be working. Thanks, speakerman.

I'm sorry, I should have posted a link also. Here it is