Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest George

Communication

10 posts in this topic

how to establish the communication between a Ge PLC and an omron ch200 PLC thanks

1. First, we will need to know what GE PLC do you have? 2. Second, do you have a C200H-LK201-EV1 Hostlink Module for the C200H? 3. You will need to send Hostlink commands from the GE PLC to the Omron Hostlink. Here is a link to the Omron Hostlink Protocol: W143-E1-6 Hostlink Operation Manual

thanks Jay, I am using GE's 90-30 PLC.

and, the user want to buy any kind of communication cards or adapters to establish the communication. Thanks again

Hold on, George! I'll have to research the GE side. May take awhile.

Found this... Punched in SNP +Omron in Google SNP is GE's serial non-proprietary protocol. GE

SNP - Series Ninety Protocol Depending on the Processor you are using in the 90-30 you will have a few options. Modbus, Profibus, and Devicenet to name the most common. Can't tell you much about the Omron side since I haven't worked with those before.

I used to work at Cincinnati Electrosystems which later became Cincinnati-DynaComp, which was then bought out by Total Control Products, which then became part of GE-Fanuc. One of the products that lasted over the last 9-10 years was the protocol converter products that could be used to translate between differing PLCs. I found a web page that shows some info on one the model 9450, which looks basically the same device I remember from the early to mid 90's. It might be worth a look. There are certainly other similar devices out there as well. http://www.gefanuc.com/products/OI/categor...y.asp?cat_id=24 Edited by Patriot

Grins.... isn't corporate stability just wonderful? Hear that giant sucking sound? It's GE gobbling up all you little control vendors.... Sad to say Intellution got caught up in the giant GE vacuum....I wonder what if anything GE will do with it....

Omron have Profibus, Device Net and Modbus via an ASCII card for rack PLCs.