Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
melvin

Capturing point using a 512MB Memory card

4 posts in this topic

Hi all, Would like to know how many point based on 1 second per point on the data logging graph can a 512MB card hold up to? Appreciate the help... Thanks in advance~ Regards Melvin

Right. I left my crystall ball at home today so I'll just guess you are talking about Data Logging in an NS-Terminal using CX-Designer... there are ways to calculate filesize etc. but I would just setup the logging as you wish, then check the filesize on the CF card and calculate it yourself according to your periodic/ring buffer settings.

Hi Melvin, The good thing is that you could implement this on a CF memory inside a CJ1 or CJ2 PLC. You must consider that each "data saving procedure" takes a lot of time (maybe around 1 s or even more). You should make a copy of your datalog with longer intervals. You should consider to save a long array of logs instead of saving individual ones. I recommend to look inside the programming manual in order to find the suitable commands. Regards,

Here's an example (you might have to register on MyOmron.com before you can access this) http://www.myomron.com/index.php?action=kb&article=1380