Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
robh

CX Programmer update

4 posts in this topic

Very new to Omron and CX Programmer. Working starting up a production line that we purchased. It has a Sysmac CJ2M CPU33. I have CX Programmer ver. 4.03. I am not real familiar with the Omron web site either. How do I update? Web? Vendor via cd? Thanks, Rob

Once you have registered your copy of CX-One online, then you can just click on the CX-One Auto Update option in your start menu as shown below: I would recommend selecting all updates that are available and choose Download only. Then you can save them all to your computer and install them after you download them. Once you have installed all of the updates, then you can run the auto update again to see if there are more. Good luck.

Thanks Michael. I talked to Omron support and found out that you are not able to update ver 4.03 to 9.01 (current ver I think) for free or via web. If you have ver 3.99 or lower there are updates. We purchased an update kit version of CX One since we already have licensed versions of CX Programmer and CX Designer. It is cheaper than just purchasing an new licensed CX One package. I should have it in my hands by 10 am tomorrow. I think I may be spending a lot of time in the Omron forums now...be gentle . Thanks, Rob

My mistake. For some reason, I read that you had CX-One Version 4. I did not notice that you said CX-Programmer v4. They are correct. You would have to purchase the upgrade to CX-One V4 and then everything that I said in the post above would hold true. Good luck.