ovalgr

MAC E-50 HMI

20 posts in this topic

HI EVERYBODY,ONE QUESTION ABOUT MAC E-50 DISPLAY .WHO KNOWS HOW TO UPLOAD PROGRAM FROM E-50 USING E-DESIGNER 7.5 AND ADAPTOR FOR CAB 6 - RS422/232.THANKS IN ADVANCE.

Is impossible to use CAB6 for E50 connection, and it's written in secton 2.3 of MA00522D Beijer manual. So there are two way: 1. To use RS232 connection via CAB5 & 232-25-ADP (this is special adapter for E50 the part of E50 supply). 2. To solder own special RS232 cable with DB9F-DB25F connectors between PC-COM and E50 (see E50 pinout on attached figure).

Uploaded with CAB5 and adaptor 235-25ADP to E-50-OK. How to download project from E-50 to store as back up . Brgds

Honestly I did not understand you. If you have downloaded a new project into the E50, you will not able to upload nothing original from it.

I need to download old project from E-50 but when I open E-designer only SEND link is works and RECEIVE (gray-closed),the question is how to back up old project from E-50. ???????New Microsoft Office Word Document.doc

Can't view the document, please publish it in another format.

SORRY,TRY THIS. New Microsoft Office Word Document (2).doc

The screenshot says that the COM-port on your PC is configured incorrectly or may be busy with another application. So you can not both download and upload the project from E50.

Good morning, I tried to connect CAB5 with adapter to E-50 and SEND option is OK,but I could not RECEIVE project, See attached file. COM port setting is OK-I am sending project without problem. Do you have any idea? Brgds E-50.pdf

ovalgr, On your picture I don't see that you can download the program into E50, I see only that the SEND button is active and the RECIEVE button is inactive. If you say that such problem is connected with E50 only and for other HMIs all is OK, I have not any ideas. May be somebody else can help you. Good luck

Not sure programs can be uploaded from E50/E100 models.

Sure can be loaded from E-100!

Wasn't sure, don't see many of them around here...

Finally, the restriction of program uploading is true for E50 only. This's written directly in 3.1 item of MA00552D manual (page 24) and in the knowledge database, published on Beijer website.

On ‎14‎/‎02‎/‎2011 at 3:30 PM, Inntele said:

Is impossible to use CAB6 for E50 connection, and it's written in secton 2.3 of MA00522D Beijer manual. So there are two way: 1. To use RS232 connection via CAB5 & 232-25-ADP (this is special adapter for E50 the part of E50 supply). 2. To solder own special RS232 cable with DB9F-DB25F connectors between PC-COM and E50 (see E50 pinout on attached figure).

Can someone send me an image of the e50 pinout arrangement to create my own Rs232 cable to E50 screen.

Or advise me where I can purchase a 232-25-ADP.

I only require to do a small Modification on a HMI already in use

It’s CAB 5 that you require.

Hi Rodney and whyme.

I made my own rs232 - rs422 adaptor last night following the pin layout I found in the e -screens manual.

When I connect my Cab5 cable PC end and use home made adaptor on HMI end, nothing happens on screen. doesn't boot up!

I have also tried connecting the 5V supply to E-50 but it just keeps looking for the FX PLC that it connects to when connected to machine.

Adaptor.JPG

Home made adaptor.JPG

CAB5.JPG

Edited by Jinx