Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Craig Chamberlin

PanelView C1000 Tag Address Warning 3015 For Direct I/O Addressing

3 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, I am working on building a PanelView C1000 program and created tags with direct addressing to the PLC I/O Example: Tag Name: PB_1 Address: I:0/0 Data Type: Boolean Controller: PLC-1 Tag Name: LED_1 Address: O:0/0 Data Type: Boolean Controller: PLC-1 I receive the following when attempting to verify the tags. ID: 3015 Type: Warning Message: Tag PB_1 with address I:0/0 has either an unknown address, unacceptable data type or undefined controller name. ID: 3015 Type: Warning Message: Tag LED_1 with address O:0/0 has either an unknown address, unacceptable data type or undefined controller name. This message only appears when I use direct I: or O: addresses. All other bit level addresses work fine. My questions are: Should I be using a different data type when addressing I/O directly? Do these HMIs support direct I/O addressing? Do I need to create a bit level address in my PLC program for each I/O I am monitoring? Seems rather redundant... Any advice would be most helpful. Note: I have looked through the Quick Start guide for addressing and no direct I/O addressing is used in their examples. They do not specify whether it is possible or not. Thanks again!

I always recommend mapping your real I/O to internal addressing for monitoring. This will prevent the HMI from causing problems if it goes nuts or someone comes along later and decides to try to write to one of those tags. Some HMIs don't allow directly accessing those files...not sure about yours in particular. Mapping will also provide you the opportunity to group things in contguous blocks of memory for more efficient comms, and the ability to change/invert things if the need arises.

Yes, you will. If you are looking for read only indication, the simplest way is to copy entire words at a time to a shadow register in an Integer (N) file: MOV I:0 N7:10 MOV O:2 N7:20 If the I's and O's are simple (discrete's) and adjacent (all I's, then all O's), you can simplify to a COP instruction for a range of each. IIRC, it is primarily the SLC processors (and Micrologix) that do not allow HMI access to the I/O files, but it's a good practice to avoid anyway.