Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bearsgone

RSLogic 500 ML1400 Logic Problem

3 posts in this topic

Hello I have three pumps that run on 3 timers one after another non stop. All three pumps share the same current sense which is what I use to determine the status of the pump(run). The logic attached works fine with contractors. Fail over works correctly. As soon as I switch to current sense, when a pump is called and somebody turns a switch to off position, next pump in line should pick it up as a fail over. For some reason when a fail over occurs, instead of switching over to the next pump, it starts flickering, trying to run both pumps. I am positive it has to do with the fact that i am sharing the same current sense (three wires going through it) but can not figure out what is causing this up and and down flickering. Please help! PUMPS.pdf Pumps.RSS

Because you are using a single current sense as soon as the back up pump starts the fault on the non running pump is no longer true and therefore the backup pump stops running. When the backup stops running the current returns to 0 and restarts the failure timer. It would appear as if the 2 pumps are cycling back and forth. You may want to look in to latching the failure or incrementing the failed pumps run timer to move to the next pump.