RichardWargo

Hi-Fi Process Simulator for ControlLogix

2 posts in this topic

I am senior control engineer for large, ~100 node ControlLogix-based facility control system. One of my goals is to develop high fidelity simulation capability for testing proposed logic changes, operator training, etc. I am open to ideas on how to do this, such that I can test multiple ControlLogix configurations. Local I/O, plus ControlNet connected remote I/O and devices, such as drives and subsidiary PLCs. I am envisioning a PC-based simulator environment with necessary interface to trick ControlLogix controllers under test so that it thinks it is talking with actual field devices. Question 1: PC-based interface cards for interfacing with ControlLogix controllers and simulate local I/O. Question 2: PC-based interface cards for interfacing with ControlNet and emulate multiple ControlNet connected devices. Question 3: Necessary PC drivers/interface code/etc so an application program can interact with PC-based interface cards. Question 4: I can develop custom "tie-back" model language and compiler, but would prefer commercially available product. Question 5: Option is company capable of developing high-fidelity simulators that will work with ControlLogix and ControlNet. I am open to legitimate, serious responses. This is a major class facility.
1 person likes this

9 years later... :-D there is software does exactly as you described. PLC Logic Prover at https://www.controlx.io It is free, but the guys are looking for a sponsor to increase software functionality.