Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ayyub Ishaq

TWO MODBUS SCY11601 ON SAME RACK

2 posts in this topic

DEAR FRIENDS I HAVE TWO SCY11601 MODBUS SERIAL MODULES ON SAME SINGAL RACK WITH PROCESSOR P57104M. THE FIRST SCY11601 IS INSTALLED ON MODULE 3 WHILE SECOND SCY11601 IS INSTALLED ON 4TH MODULE. I AM CONTROLLING 11 TESYS-Us THROUGH MODULE NO 3 SCY11601 AND CONTROLLING 6 ALTISTART THROUGH MODULE 4. I AM ABLE TO CONTROL ONE SCY11601 MODULE AT A TIME MEANS I AM UNABLE TO CONTROL 11 TESYS-Us AND 6 ALTISTART AT THE SAME TIME. ANY GUIDENCE PLEASE.

Due to typology of the communication of course you can't communicate with more than one device at the same time on the same line. Modbus RTU is Master-Slave protocoll. it means that only the master could manage any request and each time only the related slave could answer. I think you could manage indipendently the two SCY so you could control two motors at the same time. I think you are able to command all devices in the same line by a broadcasting command (address 0), but no-one will answer. If you had used a master canopen card on the CPU you could have managed all 17 devices on the same bus faster and better.