Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RobertStewart

Problems with a CommReq config.

9 posts in this topic

Hi all... I have recently been looking at some ladders, and despite having looked through various manuals, I still cannot work out what the following CommReq configuration is doing... It consists of 2 Block Move Word and one Move Word as below. BLKMOV WORD BLKMOV WORD MOVE WORD 9 9191 6000 0 0 0 0 0 600 0 2000 0 1 257 2000 I understand how the CommReq works as I have been using it for SNP-X commands , but I cannot find any reference to the command at BLKMOV WORD 1, Input 7 (257) or what it does. Can anyone help me? Thanks! (Sorry about the formatting!) Edited by RobertStewart

There are lots of different types of COMM_REQs what does this one do, what is the part number of the module it is talking to and what type of command is it sending?

That is a bit of an issue... I am not too sure what this does other than "send data over a radio link" which might actually read as "send and recieve data over a radio link. The module sending is a IC693PCM301. I am unsure of the recieving module too. I have configured IC693CMM311 modules for this project, tracing the commands back to the card config for them, but all the PCM301 card tells me is "Configuration Mode: PCM Configuration". Sorry this is so vague and thanks for your quick reply.

What is the "TASK" parameter in the COMREQ instruction? Presumably the SYSID points to the rack/slot where the PCM301 module is located. The Block Move instruction appears to define a 9 - word data block sent to the recipient of the COMREQ. Since words 3 and 4 of the first block move are zero, it appears that no return data is expected.

Morning chaps! Just had a look at the ladder, and the rack 0, slot 3 is where the PCM301 module is located. The task is 120 which I cant find any reference for in manual gfk-0255k. Thanks for the replies!

You may want to get GFK-0582 also, it details Serial Communications in the GE world. It references a Task of 19 or 20 for a CMM module, but no Task 120. It sounds like the PCM module is being used as a CMM module, can you verify which PROM chip the module has? You would need to remove the cards from the housing and look at the chip. Generally a PCM module would have a BASIC program running on it and not have COMM_REQ data coming from the ladder, it is not an efficient way of using the PCM.

Thanks Russ, Ive been using the GFK-0582 doc for other parts of the config I have created myself. I thought this would be easy as I have several CommReq configurations and commands in the logic I have created. I was wrong. I dont actually have access to the PCM module at the moment, its out on a site that is a particular problem to get out to. I will contact the guys out there for more information. I had been making my way to the conclusion I was missing something when I saw that the PCM card was configured in software I couldnt actually locate. I will keep you posted though! Thanks for all the help so far!

I found a reference to that task number in the C Programmer's Toolkit for PCMs manual (GFK-0771). It looks like PCM task numbers from 4 to 120 are available for use by the developer of the PCM code. That would mean there is code in the PCM that knows what to do with the 9 words of data passed by the COMREQ task 120. The same manual says that task codes outside of that range are reserved for use by the PCM's operating system (VTOS). That agrees withe the only other task codes I've run across. Task codes 1 a nd 2 are for CCM communications on PCM ports 1 and 2. Task code 3 is a Megabasic task. Task code 127 is for generating a PCM reset from ladder logic. Edited by Steve Bailey

Thanks Steve... I guess I will need to get in touch with the guys on site and get an archive of the code on the PCM then. Thanks for all your help, its been greatly appreciated. I will post I have some sort of answer just to give you all some closure on it. Cheers!