Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Greg

eWON

10 posts in this topic

Hi to all, any one recognized with this product? if some one knows ill need some help. Thanks in advance, Best Regards, Greg.

What do you want to know ? Notice that EWON is several different products. Please specify the exact type no.

Hi Jesper, Im using eWON500 as modbus RTU/TCP gateway, i would like to know how can i use it for several slave devices, is there any code/function i should write. and what exactly mean function gwdestaddr: #, as i understood it the # means that all request will be guided to # slave device. Thanks, Best Regards, Greg.

Hi Greg. I use the EWON 2005CD. This is primarily a WAN/LAN router. I use to access remote sites via the internet. Unfortunately, I have no experience with using an EWON as a Modbus RTU/TCP gateway.

Thank you any way for your instant help. if there is someone who knows this device with this type of operation i will be greatfull for you help. Best Regards, Greg.

Hi All, I asked once in the forum about the eWON you told me you are using 2005CD, now i am facing some trouble with that kind of product, im trying to connect to internet and sets him a DHCP configuration for the WAN(internet) connection. when i did it in the plant it should be installed, the server didn't gave eWON IP address and didn't connect it to the internet, i took it to the office and set the same parameters and he did get an IP address but i cannot connect from distance only from the office computers(i know the reason), at the plant all the ports are free and no restrict are taken in action(and i cannot understand what is the problem). But any way could you please send me or guide me step by step how to configure that product correctly that i could connect it from the distance, i'm facing you cause your configuration works already, hope some one can help me its kind of urgent. Thanks in advance, Best Regards, Greg.

Hi Greg. You should contact Ewon support. The way you describe it, it must be a problem on the plants network. The only troubleshooting I can suggest is to try the same with a laptop on the same port on the switch or router that you connect the Ewon. Check if the laptop gets an IP via DHCP and that you can connect to the internet. Jesper

Hi JesperMP, Thanks for your quick reply, i already contact Tech. Support. actually when i try to configure the WAN port on eWON in all the ways at the office its get an IP address and the test good. On the plant non of the configuration worked. Best Regards, Greg.

My suggestion is to try with a laptop in the location where the Ewon does not work. Together with the local IT support you should be able to get the alptop to connect to the internet. When that works OK you can try again with the Ewon.

Thanks for suggestion, Sorry i forgot to mention that i did connect my laptop to the internet and the server gave my laptop access to the web. and it makes this issues more complicated. Thanks for help, Best Regards, Greg.